- Schedule: November 21(Fri)-23(sun), 2014
- Entry:September 1(Sun) – September 30(Mon)
- Venue: Main Arena in Atsugi Campus, TOKYO POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY
- Organizer: New Techology Foundation
- Co-Orgnizer:TOKYO POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY TSUKUBA EXPO’85 MEMORIAL FOUNDATION
- Executive committee: Chairman Prof.Hidekazu Suzuki (Tokyo Polytechnic Univ.)
- Cosponsor: Ministry of Economics, Trade and Industry. Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport, Science and Technology. Atsugi City. Atsugi Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Atsugi Chamber of Commerce and Industry ATSUMO. The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers. The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. The Robotics Society of Japan
- Gold Sponser:(in preparation) BANDAI NAMCO Group. Microtech Laboratory Inc. ORIENTAL MOTOR Co. , Ltd. RT Corporation
- Sponsored by:(in preparation)
- Mediasponsor:(in preparation)
- Awards is offered by:(in preparation)
- Tentative Programs：
- November 21(Fri):
- Afternoon : Trial runs for every contestant.
- November 22(Sat):
- Morning Registration
- Mouse Party
- November 23(Sun):
- Morning Registration
- Special lecture & meeting
- Commendation ceremony
- November 21(Fri):
Important Notice about contest
Originality and Similarity concerning competition
We hope to join various participants, from beginner to experts who challenges cutting edge technologies. Add to say, we also hope to have originality for each robot to compete according to our policy “to respect original technology among participants.” Therefore, we remove robots having similarity to advance finals.
As you know, there is a big issue to make clear standard to judge similarity of technical method and shapes of robot. It is also hard to remove similarity automatically.
View of these situation, we decided to apply following rules to remove similarity to keep our policy and fairness. Thank you for your understanding.
- Only one robot from 1 group who share ideas and technologies can advance to the finals. (for example, the same robot but different software and so on. Because similarity of robot comes from sharing ideas.) Please make sure to develop “original” robot if you aim to win. In case of school and so on, we strongly recommend to lead members to add originality to robot.
- As the result, judges decide “similar robot” to remove from finals. In this case, judges show all of robots as similar reference robots. However, robot can advance to finals in case of judges thinking the similar robot to be evaluated in finals. Please make sure not to get any award even if the robots won in the case of similarity.
About Freshman Class (common classic and half size)Since 2014, Micromouse classic size and half size have freshman class. Freshman class for half size is new. The competition of freshman is different maze from expert class.
- Eligibility for participation
- No limitation of nationality, age and so on in order to widen its doors to beginners.
- Do not join freshman class if your robot has experienced completion of the maze in any competition for freshman class of the same size.
- Contestant who experienced completion in other class, he/she can still join in freshman unless it is different class. (for example, A person who has completed the course in classic or Robotracer still can join half size freshman.
- You can't join expert class and freshman class of the same size (i.e.,NG: freshman half size and expert half size. OK: freshman half size and expert of classic size.)
- Please make sure as follows to join freshman class
- Not to join freshman class if your robot has experience to finish the maze in any competition for freshman class of the same size.
- You can't join expert class and freshman class of the same size (i.e., NG: freshman half size and expert half size. OK: freshman half size and expert of classic size.)
- There is no winner, 2nd and 3rd place.
- Certification will be issued with recorded time.
- Special award will be given to superior robot from judge. However, the robot is judged to join expert class, it is not awarded.
Limitation number of registration to the same competitionYou can entry only 1 robot to each competition. (excluding regional competition.) However, competitor having seeded robot can add robot to clear preliminaries. If added robot cleared preliminaries, you can choose the robot to advance finals.(In case of no declare, added robot will be in the list of finalists.)
* Seeded robot must be paid for registration.
Registration Schedule and feesPlease complete your registration to send technical sheet.
Technical sheet deadline is October 15(Wed), 2014 JST.
*You please register the technical data afterwards. You begin it and become the official participation application thereby
The following are key dates :
- Application form open : September 1(Mon), 2014 JST.
- Entry deadline : September 30(Tue),2014 JST.
- Technical sheet deadline: October 15(Tue), 2014 JST.
- Registration fee:
- Adult: 3,000JPY
- Students (including Ph.D candidates): 2,000JPY
- High School, Jr. High, Special school and College of technology: 1,000JPY
- MouseParty: fee and registration will be open around competition
Mouse Party has organised this year. Date will be 22nd(sat) Nov 2014.From 18:00~(after the contest)