- Schedule: November 21(Fri)-23(sun), 2014
- Entry:September 1(Sun) – September 30(Mon)
- Venue: Main Arena in Atsugi Campus, TOKYO POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY
- Organizer: New Techology Foundation
- Co-Orgnizer:TOKYO POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY TSUKUBA EXPO’85 MEMORIAL FOUNDATION
- Executive committee: Chairman Prof.Hidekazu Suzuki (Tokyo Polytechnic Univ.)
- Cosponsor: Ministry of Economics, Trade and Industry. Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport, Science and Technology. Atsugi City. Atsugi Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Atsugi Chamber of Commerce and Industry ATSUMO. The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers. The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. The Robotics Society of Japan
- Gold Sponser:(in preparation) BANDAI NAMCO Group. Microtech Laboratory Inc. ORIENTAL MOTOR Co. , Ltd. RT Corporation
- Sponsored by:(in preparation)
- Mediasponsor:(in preparation)
- Awards is offered by:(in preparation)
- Tentative Programs：
- November 21(Fri):
- 13:30 - 18:00 Trial run
- November 22(Sat):
- 09:00 - 09:40 Registration
- 09:00 - 11:00 Micromouse inspection
- 09:40 - 10:00 Opening Ceremony
- 10:00 - 10:40 Robotrace inspection
- 10:00 - 12:00 Micromouse Classic Preliminary Contest Freshman Class
- 10:30 - 16:00 Micromouse Classic Preliminary Contest Expert Class
- 11:00 - 15:30 Robotrace Preliminary Contest
- 11:00 - 16:00 Micromouse Half-size Preliminary Contest
- 12:00 - 12:30 Lunch break for all the contest
- 12:30 - 12:45 Annoucement of Micromouse Freshman Class finalist
- 13:00 - 16:30 Micrmouse Classic Contest Freshman Class Final
- 17:30 - 18:15 Awarding Ceremony・Finalists annoucement
- 18:30 - 20:30 Mouse Party
- November 23(Sun):
- 09:00 - 09:20 Registration
- 09:20 - 09:30 Opening Ceremony
- 09:30 - 11:00 Robotrace Contest Final
- 10:00 - 15:30 Micromouse Half-size Contest Freshman Class
- 11:00 - 14:30 Micromouse Classic Contest Expert Class Final
- 12:30 - 13:00 Lunch break for all the contest
- 13:00 - 16:20 Micromouse Half-size Contest Final
- 16:40 - 17:20 Technology Exchange Meetings (Please bring your robot to introduce other participants. Awarding ceremony will be held the same place. Awarding robot must be brought!)
- 17:30 - 18:30 Awarding & Closing Ceremony
- November 21(Fri):
*Internet Broadcast Schedule
camera1 http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nvs-live （Freshman Preliminary / Freshman Finals / Awarding Ceremony / Finals Announcement of Results）
camera2 http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nvs-live2 （ Expert Preliminary / Robotrace Preliminary）
camera1 http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv199796968 （Freshman Preliminary / Freshman Finals）
camera2 http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv199797658 （ Expert Preliminary / Robotrace Preliminary）
camera1 http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nvs-live （ Robotrace Finals / Classic Expert Finals）
camera2 http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nvs-live2 （Micromouse HalfsizeFreshman / Micromouse Halfsize Expert Finals）
camera３ http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nvs-live3 （Micromouse Halfsize Freshman Broadcasting only afternoon.）
camera1 http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv199799834 （ Robotrace Finals / Classic Expert Finals）
camera2 http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv199800767 （Micromouse HalfsizeFreshman / Micromouse Halfsize Expert Finals）
Important Notice about contest
Originality and Similarity concerning competition
We hope to join various participants, from beginner to experts who challenges cutting edge technologies. Add to say, we also hope to have originality for each robot to compete according to our policy “to respect original technology among participants.” Therefore, we remove robots having similarity to advance finals.
As you know, there is a big issue to make clear standard to judge similarity of technical method and shapes of robot. It is also hard to remove similarity automatically.
View of these situation, we decided to apply following rules to remove similarity to keep our policy and fairness. Thank you for your understanding.
- Only one robot from 1 group who share ideas and technologies can advance to the finals. (for example, the same robot but different software and so on. Because similarity of robot comes from sharing ideas.) Please make sure to develop “original” robot if you aim to win. In case of school and so on, we strongly recommend to lead members to add originality to robot.
- As the result, judges decide “similar robot” to remove from finals. In this case, judges show all of robots as similar reference robots. However, robot can advance to finals in case of judges thinking the similar robot to be evaluated in finals. Please make sure not to get any award even if the robots won in the case of similarity.
About Freshman Class (common classic and half size)Since 2014, Micromouse classic size and half size have freshman class. Freshman class for half size is new. The competition of freshman is different maze from expert class.
- Eligibility for participation
- No limitation of nationality, age and so on in order to widen its doors to beginners.
- Do not join freshman class if your robot has experienced completion of the maze in any competition for freshman class of the same size.
- Contestant who experienced completion in other class, he/she can still join in freshman unless it is different class. (for example, A person who has completed the course in classic or Robotracer still can join half size freshman.
- You can't join expert class and freshman class of the same size (i.e.,NG: freshman half size and expert half size. OK: freshman half size and expert of classic size.)
- Please make sure as follows to join freshman class
- Not to join freshman class if your robot has experience to finish the maze in any competition for freshman class of the same size.
- You can't join expert class and freshman class of the same size (i.e., NG: freshman half size and expert half size. OK: freshman half size and expert of classic size.)
- There is no winner, 2nd and 3rd place.
- Certification will be issued with recorded time.
- Special award will be given to superior robot from judge. However, the robot is judged to join expert class, it is not awarded.
Limitation number of registration to the same competitionYou can entry only 1 robot to each competition. (excluding regional competition.) However, competitor having seeded robot can add robot to clear preliminaries. If added robot cleared preliminaries, you can choose the robot to advance finals.(In case of no declare, added robot will be in the list of finalists.)
* Seeded robot must be paid for registration.
Registration Schedule and fees
Thank you for many registration. We are looking forward to seeing all of you at competition!
Please complete your registration to send technical sheet.
Technical sheet deadline is October 15(Wed), 2014 JST.
*You please register the technical data afterwards. You begin it and become the official participation application thereby
The following are key dates :
Application form open : September 1(Mon), 2014 JST.
Entry deadline : September 30(Tue),2014 JST.
- Technical sheet deadline: October 15(Tue), 2014 JST.
- Registration fee:
- Adult: 3,000JPY
- Students (including Ph.D candidates): 2,000JPY
- High School, Jr. High, Special school and College of technology: 1,000JPY
- MouseParty: fee and registration will be open around competition
Mouse Party has organized this year. Date will be 22nd(sat) Nov 2014.From 18:00~(after the contest)
Goal Position of Halfsize
35th All Japan Micromouse Contest, Halfsize goal positions are as follows.
Micromouse Halfsize preliminary
Size of maze, goal position.
- Size: 16x16
- Goal Region Entrance: X11, Y3
- Goal Region Size: 2x2 cells
- Poles inside of Goal: None
- Time: within 7 mins
Micromouse Halfsize Final
Size of maze, goal position.
- Size: 32x32
- Goal Region Entrance: X26, Y5
- Goal Region Size: 3x3 cells
- Poles inside of Goal: None
- Time: within 10 mins
Handling of Personal Information in Competition Committee
We don't use personal data in technical sheet and registration, address, telephone number and mail address, to any other purpose excluding management of the competition and Foundation related business. (i.e., shipping, judge and so on) However, we will use summarized data, technical data including robot name, competitor's name, affiliation and photos to medium including web site and so on. Thank you for your understanding.
Information From International Airport
Bus stops from Airport
It is easy way to get bus at International Airport to Hon Atsugi Station.
Narita - Hon Atsugi Airport Bus stops
Terminal 1 No.9 (map)
Terminal 2 No.9 (map)
Haneda - Hon Atsugi Airport Bus stops
Haneda Int'l Airport map to bus stop No.9 Tamura Shako and Hon-Atsugi Railway Station (map)
Hon Atsugi Station North side Map to get bus
Bus time schedule bound for Tokyo Polytechnic Univ.
It takes 20mins from Hon Atsugi Station to Univ.
Sorry for Japanese only
Upper side is from Hon Atsugi Sta. to Univ.
Lower side is from Univ. to Hon Atsugi Sta.
Univ. and Station Map